The Accounts & Tax Lead will be responsible for Preparation of statutory accounts and self-assessment tax returns for our UK based clients. Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified ACCA/CA and be able to demonstrate good experience in accounts and tax returns preparation.
Report to Partners/Directors
Responsibilities will include:
- Year-end accounts preparation, including preparing the financial statements and associated disclosures, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with UK GAAP requirements and companies act 2006.
- Preparing necessary journals and other accounting entries for the year-end accounts.
- Interrogation of the General Ledger (GL) to ensure the integrity of the accounts, including highlighting issues and dealing with them appropriately.
- Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, including ensuring the timely completeness of all transactions.
- Reconciliation and review of key balance sheet items and GL accounts.
- Prepare and submit the corporation tax returns, self-assessment tax returns and partnership tax returns.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending solutions, including following through to ensure that recommended solutions are fully and properly implemented.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
- Have excellent communication skills and can work under pressure.
- Provide training to other team members when needed.